Monday, April 27, 2009

Learning Curve

Every day with Subtle is a learning process. Our relationship has been a process of learning how men think (apparently they do!) and learning about my reactions. Three years of therapy later and I am learning, albeit slowly, about how I function in relationships, both romantic and otherwise. The relationship with my mother, for example, is one that is often examined in therapy. Perhaps it would be easier if we shared less genes and she was less insane. But I digress.

So Subtle are learning from each other. I am attempting to have him learn how to make a bed correctly and fold towels in the way in which I prefer them. He has successfully learnt to make me cups of tea when required, and now knows the correct parsley to buy when I ask him too.

But what have I learnt from Subtle? I have learnt two things most importantly. I have learnt that when preparing a shopping list for him, I must include absolutely everything: brand, size, colour. Despite the fact that 99% of the time he comes with me when getting groceries, he apparently has not noticed ANY of the brands etc that we buy EVERY week. The second thing I have learned from him will be invaluable for the rest of my life. To quote from Subtle:" Loosy Lefty, Tighty Righty".

The man is a wealth of knowledge.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok in the infamous parlance of one Pauline Hanson - please explain
Loosy Lefty Tighty Righty. The mind is truly boggling

Anonymous said...

But its only loosy lefty and tighty righty with standard threads!! Care to work on my motorbike??? Damn whitworth and his objection to things that must tighten with torque applied........
Pingu

Mr Subtle said...

After all that - and you didn't get it right!

It's "lefty loosy, righty tighty" - while to make it easier on those playing at home, yes it only works with standard threaded objects.

Perseus said...

I'm with Katagal.

What the hell does it mean?

Unknown said...

Aah the light dawns - I ged' it now

Mr Subtle said...

Just to make it 100% clear
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=righty%20tighty%20lefty%20loosy

Perseus said...

Thank you, Mr. Subtle.
Can you please as of now take a managerial position on Cath's comments sections? God knows, getting a reply here is like getting blood from a stone.
Bloody scientists and their open-ended lines of inquiry.

Mr Subtle said...

I may have made a comment or 17 to Cath regarding her lack of engagement towards her readers and their comments. Apparently "acknowledging them to myself" is enough. There may have been suggestions that a comment about a comment about a comment was getting ridiculous, but really that is how one keeps people coming back.

Or a date sooner than 2 years!! ... oops, don't mind me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mr Subtle for the link ... and here I was thinking it had something to do with how a man dressed ones self!!