Saturday, March 26, 2005

Tap Board: 1..... Cath: Nil

Keeping faithful to the plan of actually practicing my tap dancing, I have indeed pulled it out two days in a row. I diligently put on my shoes and begin tapping along with Mr Grant, whose classes I am currently attempting on a Saturday.

He has a different tap style to that of the incomparable Miss Jane. He is of the baggy-pants-backward-cap-wearing-"I am so unbelievably cool" variety who revels in an opportunity to "jam" his tapping. By contrast, Miss Jane subscribes to the glamorous hey-day of tapping where Fred ruled supreme, and sequins came a close second. Grant likes to mix his tap up with lots of sliding techniques, which I will admit to struggling with - surely tap-dancing one should actually... um.. tap?

But nevertheless, I was busily practicing this afternoon, sliding with gusto, tapping with aplomb and possibly annoying neighbours into the mix (bonus I say!) - when I succeeded in pulling off a move which apparently would make Mr Grant proud. Apparently to fall over while attempting sliding, is a great compliment to one's teacher and my own vigour is mastering the move.

So apparently - compliments abound to Mr Grant... and congratulations to the structural integrity of my tap board.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, as you can see this is my first post here.
In first steps it's really good if someone supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)