Tuesday, December 05, 2006

And then things went pear-shaped....

I must say that I never really understood that expression. Why are pears the malcontent of fruit? Surely a pineapple would be worse - what with the prickly exterior and all? Anyway....

So the trip is off.

I have been counting down days to a shag-fest. Planning my beauty regimen around flights out of the country. Calculating the days of my period, to maximise shag time with Bond. My mail has been redirected, and friends and family organised for my coming absence. I need not have bothered.

On the upside: within moments of announcing that I was no longer going away, I was excitedly asked by a co-worker if I was now going to the work Christmas party.... and did I want to sit with them. I also could draw some comfort from the fact that I had spent last weekend with some very good friends who tell me, and certainly make me feel, that they love and adore me. I mentioned this to Bond, and he said, "Everybody loves you dear."

Yes, everybody except him.

4 comments:

n said...

I agree on the pineapples. As for Bond... bah, message templates, such late notice, rude!

*hugs* I've come out of relative lurking to say hello and wish you well.

m

kiki said...

that's terrible news Cath. seriously. i feel for you, and believe it or not, i know exactly how you feel. the same thing happened to me about 3 months ago...

want to catch up for a coffee?

londongirl said...

Bugger. Poor you.

But at leaset friends are being great. Enjoy the Christmas parties.

A Girl Like Me said...

So he's totally out of the picture, or just in your bad books for now?

Sorry if I'm a little behind, I haven't had the time to catch up on blogs that much lately.