Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Where Cath reflects on vows and such

The wedding has come and gone, and not without a strange sense of melancholy for myself. Watching the bride and groom, I felt a little odd. Seeing him looking at her, in a way that he seemed to once look upon me. I felt jealous. But not because I wanted him - gracious no! - but for what they have. That sense of contentedness with one's partner, but more than that. I miss having a partner in crime, someone with whom I can confide. Someone with whom I can laugh and be silly, and love all at the same time. I am so happy for him, since our relationship was not great, and he is a good man. I just don't understand why I am not the one at the altar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will happen for you someday, but I know exactly how you are feeling on some level. My ex is married and has a baby now. It is a horrible feeling to feel like you are not getting what you want with your life, and they are. Even if you are happy for him.

Someday. :-)