A meme... bite me!
I don't often do meme's, but this one over at Princess Crankypants warranted an exception to the rule. Do as you will with it - although I would be interested by anyone's elses to any or all of the questions.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Met someone and started a healthy relationship.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions per se, but I did say last year that this year would “be different”. Some things definitely were. Yay me!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Miss Katja begot the very delicious Alex.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, Russia, Ukraine, France. Whew!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Wisdom, patience and common sense!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 10th. Subtle happened.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Sustaining a relationship for longer than two weeks. And having him live in the same country!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Spending the first few months still letting Bond fuck with my head – despite knowing better.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got much healthier, but got injuries as a result. Damn that running thing!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Oooh.. my shiny new car, pink laptop, databank and awesome new clothes! Economic downturn? Piffle…
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Mine and the entire USA for voting for change.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Mine. But less so…..
14. Where did most of your money go?
Seven weeks in Russia, a new wardrobe and a new car.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hmmm, I got quite excited about coming home to Subtle after being away for weeks and weeks.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Tears dry on their own – Amy Winehouse
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?, b) thinner or fatter?, c) richer or poorer?
I am a fuckload happier, much thinner and a little poorer. But did I mention the thinner and happy!!!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Waste time thinking about Bond.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Lunch alone with Subtle. Marvellous.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I found a fantastic friend, and then fell in love with him. Best thing ever.
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
My favourite programme will always be Buffy, but my favourite NEW programme is Dexter.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Strong word. But no.
24. What was the best book you read?
Split between Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Finally appreciating Coldplay.
26. What did you want and get?
A new car and a wonderful man.
27. What did you want and not get?
To move into the apartment I have bought – still awaiting its completion.
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Burn after Reading.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 37 (!), and I had dinner with Rob. As always, it was both depressing and enjoyable.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not stressing about money….
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
They call it a concept now?
32. What kept you sane?
My angel, Isabella.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Wil Anderson. Don’t you know that he is my boyfriend/husband to be…..?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t get stirred by politics. But I was intrigued watching things happen politically from Russia, with respect to the rest of the world.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I should worry less about what my mother thinks and says.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I shouldn't play myself again,
I should just be my own best friend,
Not fuck myself in the head with stupid men