Saturday, October 01, 2005

What are you today?

We all assume different roles in our lives, at different times and for different purposes. Each one we wear differently, some roles fit better than others. And some we just never get to try out.

I have been a sister, daughter and friend. Also, wife, girlfriend, unattainable love, lover, and the other woman. I am a confidante, colleague and accomplice. Probably also a role model, nemesis and occasional counsellor. I think I sometimes do a pretty good job at juggling any or all of these roles when required. I made an excellent wife, but can be a very ordinary girlfriend. I wonder if I will be a good mother, or just my children's nemesis?

I really don't know.

What I do know is that I am lonely, and in spitting distance of an alcoholic beverage!

No comments: