Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Care and concern - and lack thereof

A week ago I saw a new doctor. I decided I needed to really investigate getting a regular GP. Since moving to Melbourne, I haven't really had someone that regular and quite a few things are overdue to be looked at. As a consequence, this new doctor has concurred with the therapist's recommendation of a low-carb, high-protein diet and also supplemented my day with many vitamins and minerals to help all those things that "depression depletes".

Most importantly, he has doubled my dose of anti-depressants. And I think it is working. There have been no tears for many days now, and despite being frustrated with Bond over some things, I haven't had the ranting conversation that I would have been inclined to have only a week or so ago.

Of course, I also feel like I could not give a fuck about anything. Not wholly bad, but not great either. Surely a partial lobotomy is an easier alternative?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But then again, those of us on serious antibiotics can't really drink too much (or enough to get numb), so I think you have the better deal!
pingu