Monday, July 02, 2007

Stress and detox

It seems to be just one of those weeks. Everything just feels a little flat of late. Of course, just staring at my phone for hours on end, wishing it to ring, to make me feel like someone in the world remembers I exist, doesn't help. Even my own parents don't ring me. I get the occasional email from them. I also realised yesterday that although I crave company, I actually want it to be the sort where you don't have to talk. I suppose I am pining for the days when a beloved and I could sit and read the paper, not saying a word, but feeling companionship. I miss that. A lot.

I got an email from a girlfriend this morning stating I was in a dream of hers last night. Apparently I was in hospital in Geneva, and was being transferred to a Beverly Hills Clinic to detox - from my American love. Yeah, great, send me to within an hour's flight of his home to detox from him!

In other news, I am starting to ever-so-slightly shit myself. I have an interview tomorrow. Same company, new job, more money, more responsibility. I really want this job. But I am not sure exactly why. I feel at a point where I need more (cue the previous post I suppose), and since I am not getting more out of my life romantically, clearly it might have to be work that fills up the slack. If I don't get it, I am not sure what to do. Getting some time away would be good, but when I asked my boss about some time off, he ummed and ahhed. I then reminded him that since April last year I have had one week off - and I have over eight week's leave waiting for me. Of course, getting the job and then taking the leave at higher pay would be the very best of everything!

5 comments:

coffeesnob said...

tisk tisk. two glum posts in a row. means you win "eeyore of the week" award.

londongirl said...

ONE WEEK in over a year???? That's crazy. Really.

But good luck with the job interview and once you're in your new stronghold you can angle for more hols!!

A Girl Like Me said...

Sorry things seem a bit flat at the moment, hope things pick up for you soon.

I know exactly what you mean about valuing silent company.

Good luck with the interview.

A Girl Like Me said...

Sorry things seem a bit flat at the moment, hope things pick up for you soon.

I know exactly what you mean about valuing silent company.

Good luck with the interview.

Anonymous said...

So Ho,

How did the interview go? Is there a 2nd interview in the offing?

Tell, tell!

Beige xx