Monday, October 03, 2011

Craziness




Oh dear God.. a year since I blogged. I could say I don't know how it happened, but Lucy happened, and then well, time disappeared into an infant shaped vacuum! She is delightful and wonderful and tiring and exquisite and... well frankly, I could go on for days about how much we adore her and how much sheer joy she has given us. Subtle and I are frankly besotted.

So besotted in fact, that we decided to take a punt and try again. So, yes, I am currently 18 weeks into gestating our next child. Am I crazy for having a 1 year old who wears us ragged, and then so quickly having another? Well, yes. We are crazy. What is even crazier is things that currently worry me. I am NOT worried about how I will cope with two babies under two, or how I will cope with overnight feeds again, or even how in god's name our finances will cope with this. But I am worried that I will compare the new baby to Lucy and hope that they will somehow manage to equal her absolute delicious-ness! (When other mothers, holding their own babies, comment on how gorgeous and delightful my child is - I know we have done well!).

No comments: